What We Do
- SIU Today
- Communications and Media Relations
- Marketing Communications
- Social Media
- Photography & Video
- Web Communications
900 S Normal Ave, Mailcode 6819
Carbondale, Il 62901
618-453-2589 | F: 618-453-1445
Social Media is only one tool in the marketing toolbox and should be well integrated with other marketing efforts. It cannot replace a website or email communications but can be used to complement messaging and expand reach. While it is free to join most social media platforms, there is a lot to consider when it comes to time, content, availability, and management of each channel.If you are new to social media management for a university or struggling with engaging people on your channels, consider developing and sticking to a strategy. This list of questions should help in developing your social media strategy.
- Who are you trying to reach with your messaging?
- What is the purpose of your messaging?
- What do you consider a success for your social media presence?
- How much time do you have to devote to managing your channel(s)?
- Do you have the capability to capture and create multimedia files or is there someone on your team with these abilities?
- What is the purpose of your channels?
Our team can help you with a strategy to maximize communication with the audience you need to reach.
- We can assist you in finding the tools you need to manage accounts and keep content flowing.
- Help clarify the role social media can/should play in your larger marketing and communications strategy.
- Find the best platform to reach your audience.
- Assist in removing stale or old accounts that no longer serve best interests.
- Get your messages out via larger social media channels or through This Is SIU student newsletter.